June 27 2007
Success! We managed to go climbing. Yesterday's recon of
Lily Lake paid off. We made it to Jurassic Park without incident.
Good sport climbing (100 foot routes) and beautiful views. Seems
like 80% of climbing involves sitting around (the other 20% is blind
terror) so it's nice to have something pretty to look at.
Due to time constraints (Kid Camp is 10 to 4) we only got two pitches in, but a fine day nevertheless. Babs and I don't get to climb together much anymore so when we get the chance, it's savored.
Jurassic Park Cliffs
Joe Leading Closeup (Terrified)
Lilly Lake from the Cliffs
Longs Peak Behind Clouds
Student Doing Tyrolean
A troupe of students were receiving rock climbing instruction which included a Tyrolean Traverse. Cool.
Kelly went fishing for the first time in her life in Kid Camp. Catch and Release so no Little Girl and the Pond type of epic.
Dinner was lasagna and a veg with cheesecake for desert. Live Jazz throughout dinner provided the ambience.
|<< Back | Next >>|